MODERN JAZZ - ADULTS
Designed to promote an appreciation and enjoyment of Jazz dance, through both understanding and performance, this course seeks to develop the skill and understanding of Modern Jazz dance by developing the physical ability to communicate through movement in an expressive and artistic way.
– Learn Modern Jazz technique and posture
– Develop a good sense of rhythm and musical timing
– Develop an awareness of the placement of limbs
– Encourage creative movement and self confidence
– Gain a sense of self-expression
In the adult classes, the learning outcomes will be very similar to those for the students, as will the content of the classes. The fundamentals of learning a dance genre remain the same regardless of the age of the learner. However, in the adult classes, the emphasis will be on the physical benefits of dance and its contribution to general wellness and personal enjoyment.