Tap dance is a theatrical art form often seen on stage in musicals. The dancers wear tap shoes, which have small metal plates on the toes and heels, to strike the floor and beat out different rhythms. Students develop the skill and understanding of Tap Dance, at the same time as building a sound technique, by developing the physical ability to communicate through movement in an expressive and artistic way. All students will learn with the International curriculum, based on ISTD methods, taught by ISTD certified teachers.
– Learn a solid foundation and technique of ISTD Tap Dance
– Develop a good sense of rhythm and musicality
– Develop the skill of improvisation
– Understand all Tap Dance terminology and set rhythms
– Understand the execution of the ISTD Tap Dance style
– Execute successfully the ISTD Tap Dance technique and style
– Show an understanding of tap rhythms
– Participate in ISTD Tap Dance examinations
– Improvise with or without music, successfully executing a series of steps
Founded in 1904, The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is one of the world’s leading dance examination boards. From classical ballet to commercial hip hop, ISTD covers the full spectrum of dance genres. For more than 110 years, ISTD has provided training for dance teachers and examiners, enabling them to prepare students for examinations, develop new techniques and celebrate the joy of dance.
SMPAA is the first educational institution in Vietnam that applies the ISTD syllabus, taught by ISTD certified dance teachers.